I apologize for advanced of the length this weekly report is going to be, considering it is meant to consist of the work I had completed the week before winter break, as well as the two weeks we had off for the holidays. As expected, I definitely took full advantage of the holidays, spending plenty of time with my friends and family and enjoyed my time off. However, I also spent this time being extremely productive in regards to my ISM workload and am ready to get back to work in school!
The week before school was let out for break, I spent a handful of time brainstorming. I saw a comment on my Original Work Proposal that my teacher had made, stating that although my idea was good, I needed a more elaborate project and a physical end product. With that in mind, I needed to come up with an idea to expand upon my current one. I spent a handful of this week researching and brainstorming how to effective complete this (don’t fret, the eventual conclusion will be explained later in this weekly blog).
As the first week of the holidays approach, I began working towards the production of my poster board for the ISM Research Showcase that is coming up very soon. In doing this, I came to the conclusion to make a slight addition to my color scheme. I thought that adding a dark purple color to my poster board would be very effective. Not only does it heavily improve the aesthetic of my poster board, but it further represents boldness, which is what I am focusing my ISM journey around this year. The combination of red and purple, alongside the black backdrop, created a great platform for my poster which is currently very close to completion!
As the week began to close to an end, I began to finalize the plan and begin execution of the physical product of my Original Work. I decided that an effective way to come up with interview questions, while still exploring the concept of business in the music sense, would be to conduct a sort of investigation. This idea came about upon my reflection of my 10th grade chemistry class, and how we used to conduct investigations prior to experiments. Exploring the advertising aspect of business is going to be key in the production of my final product being effective. I decided that doing an investigation and conducting research over the most effective ways to advertise, and writing up my report in a sort of “cheat sheet”, would be the most effective use of my Original Work. I will then utilize this investigation to further create a more effective final product.
I can confidently say that the last week of school before the break, as well as the weeks of winter break, were utilized very effectively for me in regards to ISM. I was able to make great progress in my ISM journey, all the while taking full advantage of my break and the holidays. Although it was great and a well deserved break, I am ready to begin continue work and hit the ground running during second semester.